Term stores are one of the most popular features introduced in SharePoint 2010 and carried over to SharePoint 2013. Finally, customers have a central location for managing shared metadata. But creating, maintaining, editing and copying term stores in SharePoint isn’t easy. You can’t import existing classification vocabularies used by other systems into SharePoint making it hard to govern and find content across systems.
MetaVis Term Store Manager for SharePoint changes all that! Term Store Manager allows administrators to easily manage their term stores providing the ability to create and edit terms, hierarchies, synonyms, and translations, one at a time or in bulk. Download the public preview of Term Store Manager today and let us know what features you would like to see in it.
- Manage Multiple Term Stores: Uses a rich GUI with no limitations on the number of items simultaneously displayed on the page, with drag and drop and mass editing capabilities.
- Hybrid Environments: Supports on-premise and hosted SharePoint Term Stores.
- Analyze Taxonomy Hierarchies: A powerful term store browser allows users to quickly detect missing language translation, terms not available for tagging, etc.
- SKOS Import: Download and import Simple Knowledge Organization System (SKOS) taxonomies and classification schemes developed within the W3C framework to SharePoint allowing for companies to use these widely available structured taxonomy vocabularies.
- Mass Create, Edit and Delete: Ability to mass create, edit or delete taxonomy elements such as enabling Available for Tagging option for all selected terms and their sub-term hierarchies.
- Reorganize Taxonomy Hierarchies: Using drag and drop or copy/paste users can re-link parts of a term hierarchy to different parent terms.
- Copy Taxonomy Hierarchies: Supports copying term store hierarchies already implemented between different branches of the hierarchy and between server farms.
- Live Compare: Ability to immediately compare term store between different SharePoint server farms and synchronize branches of the taxonomies right from the compare view.
- Export Taxonomies: The ability to easily export taxonomies to CSV spreadsheet supported by the standard SharePoint import.
Term Store Manager for SharePoint is agentless. MetaVis tools utilize the SharePoint API so there are never any required server side controls to install or deploy.
Term Store Manager for SharePoint supports Office 365, SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013, hosted or on-premises. Available for both Windows and Mac OS X.