Keeping track of who has access to what content isn’t easy in SharePoint. It can even be challenging to change security permissions across multiple SharePoint sites or farms. Security Manager for SharePoint can help
Analyze and manage SharePoint permissions in real-time across multiple SharePoint site collections and farms. With Security Manager, administrators can see and manage what a user has access to; identify orphaned users; and compare or synchronize permissions across SharePoint or Office 365, including hybrid environments.
- Browse, add, edit and delete SharePoint groups, users, permissions and permission levels in a visual hierarchical structure of site collections, sites, lists and individual items.
- Copy groups, users, permissions and permission levels between server farms, site collections, sites, lists and individual items across user directories (LDAP, ADFS, RDBMS).
- Transfer permissions between users addressing issues such as employee turnover and new hires.
- Manage permissions for multiple objects at the same time.
- Compare an object’s permissions to better manage permission templates and identify where permissions do not match the templates.
- Analyze a user’s or group’s permissions for any site, list or item.
- Identify which users or groups have permissions for a specific object.
- Resolve potential security problems such as disabled or deleted users who still have access rights in SharePoint.
- Analyze Object Inheritance. Reset or break inheritance for any object.
Security Manager for SharePoint is agentless. MetaVis tools utilize the SharePoint API so there are never any required server side controls to install or deploy.
Security Manager for SharePoint supports Office 365, SharePoint 2013, all previous versions of SharePoint, hosted or on-premises. Available for both Windows and Mac OS X.