More than likely you have a number of documents distributed throughout your file shares that you want to migrate into your SharePoint environment. Migrate them the right way and ensure that key metadata comes with each file!
File Manager for SharePoint allows you to upload and classify in one step - no need for tedious editing each of document in SharePoint to populate metadata. Retain critical metadata including authorship information as you upload file system content. Or use File Manager to download / offboard SharePoint content for archiving or offline migrations and when required, you will be able to upload this content back to SharePoint. File Manager is simple and easy to use – get started today!
- Bulk Migrate: Perform bulk migrations by uploading multiple files or folders from a file system to any SharePoint environment, including Office 365.
- Download / Offboarding: Extract content, versions and metadata to a file share for archiving or to facilitate offline migrations.
- Manage Metadata: Preserve and enhance metadata such as created and modified information or assign new metadata values while uploading.
- Manage Folder Metadata: Extract metadata from file system folders and map to SharePoint columns, all while optionally removing or flattening folders.
- Support Managed Metadata: You can assign SharePoint 2010 or 2013 Managed Metadata terms to your content as it is uploaded.
- Retain Permissions: File system permissions are automatically mapped to SharePoint permissions during upload.
- Clean Content: Automatically replace invalid SharePoint characters in your file and folder names.
- Upload via Spreadsheet: Upload files and metadata from file system to SharePoint using an Excel or CSV spreadsheet.
- Auto-Create CSV: For loading based on content in the file systems.
- Manage Versions: Create true versioned documents in SharePoint based on pseudo-versioning in your file system.
- Schedule Migrations: Schedule SharePoint Migrations for overnight or weekend operations to minimize interactions with the business users.
File Manager for SharePoint is agentless. MetaVis tools utilize the SharePoint API so there are never any required server side controls to install or deploy.
File Manager for SharePoint supports Office 365, SharePoint 2013, and all previous versions of SharePoint, hosted or on-premises. Available for both Windows and Mac OS X.