A user accidentally deletes a document in SharePoint and asks you to restore it 30 days later. Sounds, simple, but it isn’t. Office 365 only backs up content for 14 days. Or there is an interruption in hosted service and you need to access your business content but can’t. What can a user do?
Backup for SharePoint is a simple and easy to use backup tool that empowers administrators and power users to efficiently backup, archive, and restore their content from SharePoint or Office 365. With MetaVis Backup, you can quickly retrieve individual items or entire sites, so you never miss a beat.
- Backup: Backup and extract site collections, sites, lists and libraries, documents and versions, permissions, views, column groups, fields, terms, and content types in SharePoint or Office 365.
- Cloud Storage: Backup and Restore to/from Azure and Amazon S3
- Archive: Archive legacy or orphaned content from SharePoint and Office 365 to a file system based on specific search and filter criteria of your choice.
- Restore: Restore content to SharePoint or Office 365 site collections, sites, list and libraries, and folders without rolling back the entire SharePoint farm. (Cannot be used for Migration. Choose MetaVis Migrator for the best results)
- Ensure High Availability: Access critical content and ensure continuous 24x7 business operations in Office 365 and other hosted environments in the event of a service interruption through local backups.
- Rapid Item Level Restore: Granularly restore selected SharePoint items from the local backup copy with the option to include metadata, versions, and authorship properties.
- Schedule Backups: Use Windows scheduler to run full or incremental backups from PowerShell or the command line as a part of larger batch jobs.
- Performance: Load balancing across all front-end web servers for efficient resource utilization.
Backup for SharePoint is agentless. MetaVis tools utilize the SharePoint API so there are never any required server side controls to install or deploy.
Backup for SharePoint supports Office 365, SharePoint 2013, and all previous versions of SharePoint, hosted or on-premises. Available for both Windows and Mac OS X.