When you are using a hosted version of SharePoint (whether it's Office 365 or another cloud-based provider), you need a tool that doesn't require you to install software on the SharePoint server, and doesn't need direct access to the backend SQL Server database (or elevated privileges). What you need is a tool that can easily connect and help you do the following:
- Migrate: Bulk migrate and copy entire lists, libraries, sites and site collection along with web parts, views, permissions, versions, etc...
- Copy Between Assets: Copy multiple selected items between folders, lists, sites or server and simultaneously change or keep an item's content type and column value
- Access File Shares: Load files and folders from file shares into the SharePoint library in bulk while assigning each item content type and column values. Map values from folder names or file system properties to SharePoint fields
- Retain Metadata: Keep all metadata information in tact during migration
- Backup: Create a backup of Office 365 SharePoint content to local and cloud-based storage
- Archive: Archive and copy Office 365 SharePoint content to a file system
- Manage Permissions: Browse, add, edit and delete SharePoint groups, users, permissions and permission levels in a visual hierarchical structure of site collections, sites, lists and individual items
And if you like your Windows desktop interface: The desktop application offers a Windows Explorer-like interface with tree-based navigation and content display; supports drag-and-drop, multiple windows and much more.
Supported Target Systems include Office 365 SharePoint or other hosted SharePoint services
Supported Source Systems include Office 365 SharePoint, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2007, Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) v3, BPOS, SharePoint Portal Server (SPS) 2003 (source only), Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) v2 (source only) and FAT/NTFS File System (source only)